What is the correct pressure for a trucks radial tires?
• Tires are engineered to high international standards, with exact specifications, and are optimized to provide the best service, traction, rolling resistance, and longevity possible if the pressure suits the load. Only one footprint size is optimal. Hence that footprint is specified. The correct pressure depends upon the weight on each tire;
• Weigh each group of axles, and divide by the number of tires.
• Consult the tire load to inflation tables to determine the correct cold tire pressure. See a load to inflation table
• Inflate the tires to this pressure.
• The natural heat build up in the tire will increase the pressure to the correct hot tire pressure.
• The tire must deflect 1 5/16 inch to provide a 66 square inch footprint. See a tire footprint
• If the load or the pressure is changed, the footprint will change.
• Tire life, performance, and safety, will suffer.
8 key points for optimum tire managment.
1. Choose the right tire for the right job: select the correct tire and fitment according to vehicle type and operating requirements, whether for replacement or specification on new vehicles.
2. Inflate your tires in relation with load per axle and tire sizes.
3. Monitor regularly the wear and general condition of your tires (tread pattern, sidewall, wheels etc.) and inflation pressure.
4. Regroove to increase tread depth and mileage by as much as 25% with increased safe.
5. Retread Michelin casings with Michelin technology.
6. Manage potential life of casing for further retreading.
7. Choose Michelin Retreading tread patterns depending on your needs.
8. The benefit of Michelin Retreading is the quality and performance which is similar to a new tire.