What is the correct pressure for a trucks radial tyres?
• Tires are engineered to high international standards, with exact specifications, and are optimized to provide the best service, traction, rolling resistance, and longevity possible if the pressure suits the load. Only one footprint size is optimal. Hence that footprint is specified. The correct pressure depends upon the weight on each tyre;
• Weigh each group of axles, and divide by the number of tyres.
• Consult the tyre load to inflation tables to determine the correct cold tyre pressure. See a load to inflation table
• Inflate the tyres to this pressure.
• The natural heat build up in the tyre will increase the pressure to the correct hot tyre pressure.
• The tyre must deflect 1 5/16 inch to provide a 66 square inch footprint. See a tyre footprint
• If the load or the pressure is changed, the footprint will change.
• Tire life, performance, and safety, will suffer.
8 key points for optimum tyre managment.
1. Choose the right tyre for the right job: select the correct tyre and fitment according to vehicle type and operating requirements, whether for replacement or specification on new vehicles.
2. Inflate your tyres in relation with load per axle and tyre sizes.
3. Monitor regularly the wear and general condition of your tyres (tread pattern, sidewall, wheels etc.) and inflation pressure.
4. Regroove to increase tread depth and mileage by as much as 25% with increased safe.
5. Retread Michelin casings with Michelin technology.
6. Manage potential life of casing for further retreading.
7. Choose Michelin Retreading tread patterns depending on your needs.
8. The benefit of Michelin Retreading is the quality and performance which is similar to a new tyre.